Saturday, April 20, 2013

Running Events: PBA Run with the Fans Year 4 Review

Yes, you are still in News Bits Online (the right blog you may ask me) and I didn't turn it to somehow a running blog but I would like to share you my first hand experience with PBA Run with the Fans, Year 4.

 
 
 
The event happened promptly as advertised, my dad, my kuya and I had been around the venue before 5am. Sponsors booths were set up there, there was unlimited coffee (courtesy of San Mig Coffee), Barako Bull Energy Cola, Papa John's Pizza booth, free taste of Purefoods Chicken and Cheese hotdogs, Lemon Square Booth, Happy Lemon booth, Addidas Booth, Salompas booth among others. Gatorade also set up a booth and three hydration stations throughout the 15k run. Since we were there early, we thought we could use the portalet, unfortunately, there was no portalet (glad that I didn't drink much)... While my dad and my brother were still running, I had the chance to have a free taste of the hotdogs as my food.
 
Before each gun start, there was Miss Pepper who was warming up all the registered participants through Zumba. I got to run at exactly 6:00 AM, gun start for 3km.
 
 


 
 
There was 1 hydration station on this route that I happen to pass (I had my father's belt all along with one water). It wasn't my first time to run three km but it wasn't easy as well.
 
Finished at 35 mins, slow but it is actually not bad, considering that I didn't run most of the way compared to my previous run.
 
 


Before getting all sweaty...
 
Medals were given to the 10 & 15K finishers, unfortunately, I saw those wearing the same race bibs as mine (3K) going up the stage and others clogging up the stage for photo ops with PBA players NiƱo Gelig, Paolo Bugia, Sam Eman and Eddie Laure, a little discipline at least for those who are joining this kinds of races. Some finishers have not received their medals and the PBA Office promised that medals would be mailed to their respective homes after this event.

 

After running, with the PBA Commissioner Chito Salud, who managed to share quick thoughts on PBA officiating and how interesting the games will be.
 
 
 
Alaska Aces players Samigue Eman, Benedict Fernandez and Eddie Laure (only a few PBA players because there are still games ongoing today & tomorrow)
 
Yours truly with the Ravanes fam :) (Asst. Coach Biboy Ravanes of PBB)
 
Managed to go out with a loot bag, a pair of Darlington socks and a bunch of photos.
 
It was an excruciating but a memorable experience, especially knowing that you get to help other people. Until my next run. ;)
 
If I were to join if this has a Year 5, I would say YES. :) hopefully, a more improved one.
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Printable Coupons