Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Thoughts on the Jay Washington trade to Global Port

This is still a news blog, I just have to share my thoughts on the trade that brought Japeth Aguilar to Ginebra, Jason Deutchman to Petron and Jay Washington to Global Port.

Jay Washington was a two-time BPC winner. PBA/Nuki Sabio 
 
I was faced with a news that Jay Washington, one of the guys I root for in Petron Blaze got involve in a trade in exchange for Jason Deutchmann and for second picks in 2016 and 2017. While I can't help but be sad because I will not be able to see Jay in a Petron uniform, I realized it was for the best.
 
Jay's minutes dwindled in the first 2 conferences of this year and frustration grew larger and larger after Petron Blaze never made it past the quarterfinals where he was just on the bench. The two-time BPC never got the minutes he had when he once played for San Miguel, he was a part of the crowded frontline of Junmar Fajardo and Arwind Santos.
 
With his transfer to Global Port, He will be the top option in the post. He also has the range outside where the Batang Pier can capitalize by giving him set threes.
 
All the best for Jay Washington, may you get the form you were once known to be! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Printable Coupons